Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

Go to the irs site and put in your bank information from ur turbo tax card and u can find the bank and routing number through the turbotax debit card site. I had to do it that way.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

I did but nothing has happened yet

It's a little ridiculous that we even have to go through this crap to get our stimulas when turbotax had our deposit information on file. My guess is they didnt want the hassle of giving up everyone's info without anything in return. I use this card for every day purchases and put money on it constantly and yet here I am, stuck waiting like everyone else. 

If you have turbo card you need to put in your banking info..they wont deposit it on the turbo card by santa barbara bank so you need to use something else or wait for paper check

download - 2020-04-16T160606.296.pngFOR EVERYONE THAT FILED JOINTLY 

you can get out of the glitch by having your significant other put their ssn in. 

I had to do it this morning we were stuck in the glitch. It worked for us said our return would be DD. 

I_amErika

The IRS site said the same thing thing to me even though the account and routing number on my 1040 match the account attached to my Turbo debit card. So I had to update my DD information. I've always done my own taxes for free but tried Turbo Tax for the first time this year and got the card. Won't make that mistake again. 

@Smashboxx I had this same message as well but when I checked again I got some error message about no information. 

@dupreesabrina thats strange like I said did it this morning and just checked and everything is still the same. 

As long you are not in arrears.

If you get any information please let me know I have been waiting too with nothing cant call them because it is just a automated system 

So u received urs without having to go on the "get my payment" tool like everyone is saying to do? I feel like that will delay it since the IRS said it will send it out several days later after the update. 

I totally agree with you, the handling of this situation was all wrong and frustrating 

JRose77

If filed taxes with turbo. IRS does have your bank account info even if you paid. As long as you provided your banking info in any way. I filed and got my stimulu. My family member paid taxes and they got there stimulus deposit also. 

Roman0

I checked on the Irs web it locked me out and didn't recognize my info.

@JRose77 

You just think everyone is stupid or what? 

They did NOT have my info nor that of thousands of people. You got yours, congrats. It didn't magically zap money to everyone else.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies