turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

@bransom wrote:

Yes I did my federal taxes with TurboTax card so when is they put in the coronavirus check on the TurboTax card

The IRS is working on those right now. It should be there by Wednesday.

BTW, SBTPG has updated its website to make it MUCH clearer which accounts & prepaid cards will vs. won't get the stimulus (bold added to show what applies to all TurboTax customers that used them): "The IRS will issue direct deposits to taxpayers that requested a direct deposit disbursement or applied for a new debit card when they prepared their own return online. An IRS-issued check will be mailed to taxpayers that requested a check printed from their tax professional's office, Walmart Direct2Cash or a Walmart MoneyCard issued by their tax professional." In other words, even SBTPG now agrees you'll get the stimulus on your Turbo Card.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

Hello it should come on your card at any time. Mine just post to my chime card out of the blue so it shouldn't matter what kind of card you used as long as its the same information showing on the irs form line 21. Also i had my fees paid with my federal taxes through turbo so none of that really matters. Just check your banking info against the tax form.

From what I just read on Turbotax's website, if you selected Direct Deposit and to a prepaid card, they have your Direct Deposit info on file and it will be delivered that way, and there is nothing else we have to do. Guess we'll find out either today or tomorrow

I have a question,  in 2008, those who filed just to file to get the stimulus got a paper check..will this be the same here?  Because they are also using Social security information too.  And if someone gets federal welfare, aka SSI, should they receive it too?

Joy4554

I have filed using TurboTax for years and I am showing a pending deposit from the IRS today. 🙂

Still... Waiting?

How can you blame Turbotax for this?? It is the federal government to make the law, not any tax filing service.

In 2008, I worked for Block, and we were filing 0 returns, and they were getting paper refunds.

This is totally different and more fair. Not only will IRS database be used but the Social Security database be used.

My question is that how will the government know if we filed AND also get social security, and will 2 checks be sent? Are they smart enough to write a comparison program?  I sure don't expect 2 checks.

If what you say is true, then people won't be using Block or Jackson Hewitt either.

One thing I have learned in my career in tax preparation is that getting your money in 1-3 days is a RIP off. Sorry if you fell for it.

I free filed my federal and state return in mid January. I did not get my direct deposit until mid February because I got a small earned income credit and those were being reviewed, like they have been for almost a decade.

I am a retired tax preparer and Turbotax is the best filing system. If you don't have a bank account and you put it on a faceless debit card, this shows that you are at fault, not Turbotax. 

Tired of the complaining on this board. Please chill out. You will get it when you get it

What bank do you use? I am curious. 

I use my own personal bank with the routing number and banking information I don't use the turbo card which there is nothing wrong with the turbo card I just have my own account somewhere else

It must be nice to be in the small percent of people who don't need this money to continue paying mortgage/rent or put food on the table. Try to understand that resturant and service industry workers were all abruptly told to stop coming to work when things started closing down. These people usually make very low wages and live paycheck to paycheck. After being out of work over a month already for some people they are scared! They are out of food, money and essentials. Instead of being sick of hearing peope complain maybe you should be grateful that you dont have the same problem as the rest of us.

I'm so sorry for this I as well filed the same day no check either.God will take care if you.

How did you get ahold of a live rep? I have a question about a pending auth on my card and no way to get ahold of anyone.

I use green dot bank. Its a visa debit card from turbo tax. It had a routing number and account number. I have income tax deposited on there and some of my paychecks.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies