turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If the front page of my Turbo tax says that the IRS has the information it needs to qualify me for a stimulus check, why haven't I received it yet?

I have not been claimed as a dependent and I have successfully filed my 2019 taxes and received my tax return, just not my stimulus check.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

If the front page of my Turbo tax says that the IRS has the information it needs to qualify me for a stimulus check, why haven't I received it yet?

Stimulus payments are being made throughout the year, but there has not been an absolute timeline for issuing the payments shared by the IRS. 

There is now a tool available through the IRS site link below that will allow you to check the status of your stimulus payment.  It is called Get My Payment.

Use the following links to keep up with the latest developments:

IRS -- Economic Impact Payments

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center

I have checked the "Get My Payment" tool every day since March and every time I check it says "Status Unavailable" and tells me that the IRS does not have enough information to qualify me at that time.

Ok ... well they may not have info on you but try to enter the address from your form 1040 EXACTLY as it is written and do NOT use the APT section ... see if that helps ...

1040 address.png

Also look at the most currently filed return ... if you did not have a direct deposit then look at your AGI and this chart to see when a paper check may be mailed :

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfriedman/2020/04/21/stimulus-checks-schedule/#5b66c7b27b84

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies