turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Lalakitty19
Returning Member

I mailed in my taxes over a month ago

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Because of the Covid-19 pandemic the IRS is currently not processing tax returns that were filed by mail. When they start to process them again they will have reduced staff and a huge backlog, so it will be quite a while before your tax return is processed.

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

For returns filed by mail, the IRS requests that taxpayers wait at least 6 weeks from mailing the return for a refund to be received.  That said, during all this COVID19 pandemic, it's expected that processing of mailed returns may take longer.  And, of course, if your return contains anything out of the ordinary, the return will require longer to process.

I mailed my personal return in early April, and still have no indication that it is processing on the IRS website.  So I'm in the same boat.

You can wait another couple of weeks (at least) and then use the link I'm sharing below to track your refund, if you're expecting one.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies