Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

HB88
Level 5

I completed my California state tax refund on January 30th and efiled. Why is it still have pending status throughTurboTax?

8-8-8-7-7-7-3-0-6-6

is the num i have

HB88
Level 5

I completed my California state tax refund on January 30th and efiled. Why is it still have pending status throughTurboTax?

This is from another member here:

"OK, I just got off the phone with Calif Franchise Tax Board (FTB) after nearly a 2-hour wait on hold. The FTB rep said she did NOT see my California return in their system. She said she's getting lots of calls from TurboTax customers. I then asked her what are my options? I asked her whether I can print a hard copy of my California return and mail it to Franchise Tax Board? She said, yes of course I can mail a hard copy. I then asked her, What happens if the FTB receives the hard copy, then the FTB receives the e-filed one? She said not to worry, if they receive a duplicate, they'll simply process one and not the other. She said that once the FTB receives the hard copy, an employee simply "scans" it into their system. But she assured me that only ONE copy (either hard copy or the e-filed copy, whichever they receive first) will be processed. I told her that I may wait 2 or 3 weeks more to see if my e-filed return is processed. ALSO (and this is VERY important), I asked her does California FTB "pull" our returns from the Turbotax servers? And she said NO, they do NOT. Turbotax "pushes" (sends) them to the agencies (whether it is the IRS or the states). So these TurboTax experts on here are NOT telling us the true story. Here's the address for the California FTB: P.O. Box 942840, Sacramento, CA 94240 - 0001 . I sincerely hope and pray that TurboTax sends our returns over to California FTB asap. But at least this is an alternative. Blessings to us all"

Unbelievable these so called "experts" are spamming the wrong information

NC97
Returning Member

I filed my taxes early (2/7/12).  IRS was accepted on 2/12/21 and CA still show pending.   I've been using Turbotax for over 20 years now and never had this issue.  As like others, CA acceptance would follow the IRS within hours.  I don't have complicated taxes, and only major change was a job change last year.  Can't understand why it would be pending.  On hold now with turbotax.  Reading everyone's comments seems this might be a waste of time.  I'm concerned that my taxes will not be filed promptly to CA, and issues will arise if I need to mail it in.  Wish Turbotax would give us an option to resend with notification that the tax return was previously sent.  

HB88
Level 5

I'm still on the phone with a turbotax rep, truly an honest person and wishes he could fix it but has no control, he is elevating it to this supervisor but he agrees this is a turbotax problem. he has his consumer hat on like us.

NC97
Returning Member

I'm glad you were able to get through.  Was on hold for 55 mins then dead silence.  The music disappeared and silence.  Stayed on for an additional 5 mins, but silence remained.  Will try again in the morning.

HB88
Level 5

In all honesty the support has little power to fix this, but perhaps if more people send emails to the CEO and VP they will look into this issue.

Same issue as everyone else. im glad i found this thread! i filed my taxed through turbotax for the like the 5th year in a row or something without any prior issues. fed accepted my efile within an hour on a sunday night. now its Feb 17th and CA is still pending. hopefully turbotax can help push this through. 

HB88
Level 5

This is one of many threads with similar issues.

Contact the CEO just click on the picture and send them an email

[Removed]

It’s not just turbo tax   I used credit karma like I did last year. Last year it was accepted in a few hours. I filled on Feb 14th, fed was accepted on the 15th but still waiting for the state 

cloats

Believe it or not if you do follow this recommendation to email the Turbo Tax CEO it does work.  A friend did so and got a response from one of his VP’s who investigated a similar pending hold on returns in another state other than CA.  It is a real issue as CA returns are all in a pending status due to server transmission problem with Intuit.  Flood his office.  It does work.  

Thank you everyone for your posts.  I too am experiencing the same issue with my state return still pending though my IRS return was accepted on 2/12. I emailed the CEO as he has a responsibility to help resolve our problem.

gregupson

I concur. I believe something has gone wrong with their forms. You can not speak to anyone. Not nice. I did other Turbo tax for family and they went smoothly. Is Turbo tax going to make a refund if it is their state mistake?

GabiU
Level 15

We're researching this. Thank you all for your patience. 
I will update this thread once I have more information. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
GabiU
Level 15

**Update**

Some of you have noticed an issue where your return has been in a pending status multiple days.  This pending status means we noticed an issue that may have caused your return to be rejected and are doing an extra review to assess the reason it was flagged, resolve it for you, or identify what you need to do to ensure everything is accurate and your return is accepted.  

If this applies to you, we will be sending you an email within 48 hours with confirmation that your return has been filed, or instructions for any additional steps that need to be taken to ensure an accurate return is filed, accepted, and you receive every dollar you deserve.  We apologize again this has caused a delay in receiving your refund.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
HB88
Level 5

People need to stop marking these threads at Solved. If this is the Admin @GabiU doing this than shame on you. This is not a solved issue.

Also your response is the same exact response I got from the Office of the President after contacting the VP's and CEO.

No one asked me anything specific about my account or social yet they provided the same Canned response you are posting. This is not solving the problem, it is a canned response and people are no hoping something will be updates even though many of us have wait already and still have a Pending status.

So Stop making these Threads as Solved until someone actually gets real solutions from Turbotax rather than canned responses from some office and now the Admins on this forum.

This is poor damage control and the PR will follow!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies