turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I am to receive my tax refund on February 26 2020

My refund says approved an to be deposited on February 26th I claim my child too I wonder if we will receive funds tomorrow morning haven’t got nothing yet.

You know. All this could be cleared up rather easily if only the IRS writers would learn proper use of words, lol. When it says for mine to be sent to my bank “by” the 26th. That infers to me that it could happen before the 26th. If they would just change the word to “on”, that would make it more concrete. You can always count on the govt to **bleep** it up. 😂

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If the IRS Where's My Refund website is showing a direct deposit date of Feb 26, then this is when you will receive your refund. 

The only thing that could delay the date is if you had your Turbo Tax fees deducted from your refund, in which case your refund will first need to be sent to Santa Barbara Bank so they can deduct the fees. 

You can track your return with Santa barbara by clicking here. They will provide you with the direct deposit date once they have received the refund. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

So my question is how does turbo tax get the 80 they charged me? Does the refund go to their bank and then to my bank after fees are  taken out??? Or does it go straight to my bank??? Last year i got my return the day it said but i also filed free.

No your refund is scheduled to be sent on 26th..,Wednesday is only day direct deposit is issued. You will likely see it Friday in your account. 

@Section9 

EXACTLY!!!! When they say "by" a certain date, that indicates that it will be before that date. I've been checking my bank account everyday wondering when the hell they're going to deposit it because TurboTax said it should have been on the 20th, yet they finally updated my status thru the IRS website and said BY the 26th. Most normal people would think that means before the 26th, not on the 26th.

If they sent them on Monday’s your message would say refund scheduled to be sent Feb 24th it says 26 cause they send out every Wednesday 

most direct deposit are sent at end of business day 4-6 pm, you may see it tomorrow but likely Thursday 

You haven’t gotten anything cause it’s not the 26th , banks take 2 days to process and credit expect it Friday 

They didn’t bleep it up you just understood it the way you wanted to... it’s only sends dd on Wednesday so by the 26th means no later than the 26th which is Wednesday the only day they send out money... 

No by the 26th means no later than the 26... when has the irs ever deposited on day other than one stated on the irs site? 
they send out direct deposit once weekly it’s Wednesday of every week notice the 26 is Wednesday so why would they send out before. 
Keep in mind your bank may take 2-5 days to credit your account. Just like if you have direct deposit at work they send out Wednesday so you can be paid Friday 

Please quit saying they only deposit on Wednesdays.  My daughter's refund had a DDD of 2/24 and she received them on 2/22 so they clearly deposit on days other than Wednesday.  Please don't put out the wrong information.

Yes!! Thank you.. apparently people don't understand simple statements....

If it says you will have it by the 26th, you will have it the 26th.. if anything..it would come earlier than the expected date, not later.

My cousin’s said the 26th as well and she got hers on the 24th at 7:18pm. It says “by” so there is a possibility that it could be sent now til the 26 th. Hopefully when we all wake up, we will be a little richer than we were today lol don’t spend it all in one place 🙂

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies