Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Has anyone gotten their stimulus back yet? Did it go to your turbo tax card if you filed with that or does anyone know how i can keep track of when mine is coming?

Screenshot_20200416-071528.pngwhy im seeing this

Has anyone gotten their stimulus back yet? Did it go to your turbo tax card if you filed with that or does anyone know how i can keep track of when mine is coming?

@KDWF -there are articles floating (see the Washington Post) that if you used TT (or H&R block, etc)  and had your fees subtracted from your tax refund or took out an advance loan, then the IRS doesn't really have your bank information.  In these cases, a temporary, one time account was sent to the IRS by TT so they could grab the fee / take the refund against the loan) before the remainder was placed on your GreenDot card, using a 2nd account number.  The IRS doesn't have that 2nd account number - that is the issue. 

Have you just tried going on google and entering that account number and just ask what bank is this account nuber connected to?it should pull it up and give you a name,its a start.

KDWF
Level 3

Thankfully I was able to change my information from TT to bank account DD info. However, on my OCD of wondering what is going on, I checked the IRS GET MY PAYMENT(?) App too many times and locked myself out. Has anyone else done this? I feel like an idiot. If anyone changed turbo card info to direct deposit in your bank did it say when your check would be deposited? 

djmygraine2
Returning Member

you may have not actually gotten locked out. this happened to me today as well.  apparently there is a glitch in the irs system right now and if you filed through either h and r or turbo tax and have had any fees taken out this may show for you.  guess it has something with the fees being taken out by a third party bank and causing problems with the system showing your actual bank account info to the irs.  they stated they are aware of the problem and are working on it. lol. we will see.

What your saying is logical. The issue I have with it is I got a Turbo Card and had my fees deducted from my refund. If you look on your tax return it lists the routing number used to deposit the refund. And it is the same routing number that currently shows for my Turbo Card.  I am still awaiting my stimulus. I don't know if i should update my dd info with the irs to a different account.

How do you know it’s on the way?

What are they being sued for?

Is this only for people who had filing fees taken out of the refund?and still waiting on mine,got my tax refund though,does anyone know if they are still. depositing stimulus,or have they finished for now?

@djmygraine2 - please read this article.... it's not a glitch.  The IRS doesn't have your correct bank account information.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/04/16/coronavirus-cares-stimulus-check/

suggest updating your DD information.  Note that the Get My Payment information only updates once per day. 

djmygraine2
Returning Member

@djmygraine2 - read the article closely.  The IRS doesn't have the correct banking information!  it can only be fixed by the taxpayer going to the GET MY PAYMENT website and providing the updated information to receive the direct deposit.  "glitch" makes it appears to be a computer issue that can be fixed - it can't be - read the Washington post article closely for the reason why. 

djmygraine2
Returning Member

that isn't the only article out there.  do some more reading then just one source.  and a "glitch" is any problem in the system. which the fact that the irs doesn't have your info anymore due to these companies ie. h and r and turbo tax using a third party to either loan or take out fees from your taxes caused problems with the irs not allowing them to see your actual banking account.  So yes that is a glitch.  not all computer glitches can be fixed dude. From what I have ready from multiple sources online like cnn and fox news is that the irs is aware of what has happened and are working on it.  yes you are right they don't have your account info at this moment but that doesn't mean they will not get it figured out at a later date, but also they may ask for people to put their info on the where is my refund portal.  It is still very unclear what is to be done at this moment. so don't rely on just one article that you can't even see unless you subscribe to it...

djmygraine2
Returning Member

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies