Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

del-0413

Has anyone else received a messy from IRS that they can not determine their eligibility for the stimulus check?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Has anyone else received a messy from IRS that they can not determine their eligibility for the stimulus check?

Get My Payment page tells me they are unable to determine my eligibility. Same with my father/mother.

I just did the Stimulus file on April 6th with TurboTax, my dad gets a check from the government each month.

It could just be a stall tactic by the IRS. They could simply be dragging out some payments, especially for those where they can insert some questioning as to their eligibility, even if they are blatantly eligible. So they can wait an extra week or two before they pay up.

I was told by a CPA this morning to give it a week and see what new information was put up about the stimulus, and to keep checking. Maybe I'd get something via mail or email to verify myself, since it's impossible to talk to anyone from the IRS right now over the phone.

I received the same message from the IRS portal even though I am eligible for the stimulus payment.

Dbaros1

Im getting the same message and I do not fall under any of the 4 reasons they said woukd be why you get the unable to determine elgability for. I am low income at just $12,700 a year. I am on ssdi not ssi. I filed taxes for 2019 because they originally said we had to, I know my identification was right , I even put my address in a couple of different ways to make sure, my taxes were processed, and i did nit put anything into the non filers thing so I am worried and want to know why it is telling me that when of know for a fact I'm eligible.

Reyes2

I got that message, and I too make 11,850, and do not fall in any of the 4 categories either. In my case, I got a letter from the irs 5075? Or something like that telling me I had to confirm my identity, which was weird because I had already gotten the state deposit, I couldn’t do it online bc they didn’t have my credit card info and no one answers on the phone line Bc of the virus. I’m pretty sure that’s the cause of my problem and why it hasn’t shown up. We should all get it within a couple weeks or so I’m sure. 

Trapper1

I'm having the same issue. After Googling, I found that it can take the IRS 21 days (assuming those are 'business days') to process a return. Therefore, those of us who filed in April might have to wait a bit. I think the IRS system is working seamlessly for those who filed earlier in the year and already have the bank account information on file with the IRS. However, I've also read some horror stories about people having their checks sent to incorrect accounts, and deceased family members receiving stimulus checks...It is the IRS, after all.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies