Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Getting an error "Date acquired is after date sold". I sold put option on 05/14/2020 and closed on 05/28/2020. why turbo tax report this an error?

I am still seeing the same issue. Having more than 100 issues I need to fix because of this.

Getting an error "Date acquired is after date sold". I sold put option on 05/14/2020 and closed on 05/28/2020. why turbo tax report this an error?

This is the third year Ive had to go through this rigmarole. I dont beleive the people who designedthis part of the UX have any clue how options trading works. So frustrating. Next year Ill be trying HR Block if this is still f'd up.

Same here. the product manager or the director needs to be let go. They don't have any sense on how options work. No regard for customers.

Same here, and it's 2023 now!  I contacted TurboTax support and have been told that desktop version does not have such issue but I pay more for the online version!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies