turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2019 Eitc/Actc pathers only 2018 tax year

RIGHT!!?? My thoughts exactly!! I’m filing early yearly to get ahead of the chaos etc but having the ACTC for first time ever isn’t worth this!! I’m still sitting and waiting to get some kind of DDD while so many others have theirs after filing week later then me. I’m so confused I don’t think I’m getting mine this week either I have lost hope cause nothing has played out the way I have read

Just a guess. Many that still being processed filled early. Others have a date for Friday. What if ones being processed will deposit tommorrow and others Friday. I've read many many forums and noticed the similiaritys. But this is just a guess.

You sure hope this is true but never know with so many post and rumors it makes hard to really guess

I would love for that to be true but I'll be honest, or don't think we are that lucky hahaha. And @Mommyof3 I am in the same boat except this is my first time on path, next year I'll definitely wait until path has lifted cause this is ridiculous. There's absolutely no reason to file early if you claim those credits. They might as well tell people not to file early if they have the credits. They obviously don't use a schedule it's just all chance and luck.

Agree with you definitely won’t file early if I get a credit again this ACTC isn’t worth it I never got these before so I thought wow this is a blessing but really was a curse
jamos143

Just for a better understanding.... Those of us that file AND recieve the EITC or ACTC.... The IRS will NOT start PROCESSING returns until Feb 15th. Funds will NOT be ISSUED until Feb 27th. Everyone's bars disappeared on Sat because your taxes are being processed. Sit tight because there won't be any deposits until the 27th.

@jamos143 Ok, you may be a little late. Everyone's taxes began processing on the 28th. Those of us that had those credits had a PATH message, usually. All of that disappeared on the 16th. Then some people got DDD of 02/22. The rest of us didn't. Maybe you should check, because what you're saying has been proven wrong.

EI is definitely the best credit, I am hoping that our AGI will be right under the max amount you can make your claim it. I'll have to see next year. If we don't quality it will literally be by like a couple hundred bucks we will be over and that will suck but I guess it's good we are making more money, but we don't get much back from federal, they will keep over 6k and we get like $600 back. Taxes never bothered me until I found out there is no law that states we are required to pay taxes. The irs is a "legal mob" stealing everyone's hard earned money. We basicallyou give the government a loan every year and then get a small fraction back.

The only reason I filed early was to save 25% because I use self employed.

Being that today is a holiday the irs will be updating the WMR at 9pm PST  11pm CST and 12am EST today, so goodluck to everyone hope you guys all get a DDD, as for myself I am still under the being processed.

Thank you for this I don’t like to check too often so this helps too I hear people get locked out for reaching the max so I have yet to do that but only cause I’m sad enough and don’t want to make worse lol

Yes, most people lost their bars before Saturday. The bars disappeared when people got the PATH message. Path message was removed from wmr the 16th when it updated. But many many people who claim EI and ACTC have gotten their bars back and have a DDD. Only a some of us haven't updated from processing. But the irs has told the people that have the DDD of the 22nd to call the irs by the 27th if they haven't received their deposit so I highly doubt that none of those people will get their deposits until the 27th. The irs wouldn't have given them a date of the 22nd if they couldn't possibly issue them until the 27th.

Haha @Mommyof3 I got locked out yesterday, luckily it let me use my husbands social, so I got 10 tries I believe per day 😂

No, it said that last year. I still got my money two days before I was scheduled to. Last year I think I got it on the 19th or so. I’m sure I’ll get my deposit tomorrow.

Guys I forgot to mention that you might wanna strap in and hold on for the ride because if you allowed TT to take the fee out of your direct deposit, they use a very shady 3rd party bank called santabarbara group.

Source: https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/la-jolla/profile/tax-consultant/santa-barbara-tax-products-group-1126-[soc...

I just thought about it you guys ! The ddd says we will receive it by 2/22...keyword BY ! So yes, that gives us a possibility to receive our refunds before or by that date, depending on your institution . I know my bank opens at 9am, I normally get my direct deposit from work two days early, when our original paydate is thursdays . So theres definitely a strong chance of receiving it tomorrow . If its not there, dont freak but its definitely on the way. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies