Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Random audit for nys. Seems like they didn’t approve my childcare credit. Still waiting for a letter but return was adjusted. I have cash receipts. How else can you prove

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Random audit for nys. Seems like they didn’t approve my childcare credit. Still waiting for a letter but return was adjusted. I have cash receipts. How else can you prove

Shonicquita333
Returning Member

Did they ever give you your refund? I’m going through same things with nys and also claimed childcare credit. I was Audited and sent in all my documents.

Hey! I sent in cash receipts that I collected all year. And even though IRS site says it’s allowed - they didn’t allow it and adjusted my return without the credit. Someone told me the individual you’re paying needs to claim the earnings on their return and that could be proof. 

Hope you have better luck!

Shonicquita333
Returning Member

I also sent them a bunch of proof. After waiting 3 months my refund status says  they closed my audit case on June 6 and I will be receiving a letter about their findings. I’m so worried cause I don’t know if I’m getting my refund or if they adjusted it. Did you get a letter from them first then your adjusted refund after the letter? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies