Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Quickbooks Self Employed automatically added a form for a vehicle that does not exist to my Schedule C in Turbotax, and I cannot remove it. How do I get rid of it?

I found a post from 2019 referencing a "My Account" section that was supposed to have the "Car & Truck Worksheet" to delete, but that no longer exists.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelG81
Expert Alumni
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

Quickbooks Self Employed automatically added a form for a vehicle that does not exist to my Schedule C in Turbotax, and I cannot remove it. How do I get rid of it?

Yes, you can delete this expense if it does not relate to you. This may affect your income tax amount if expenses were entered for it.

Here's the general procedure for viewing a list of all the forms in your return and deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:

1. Sign in to TurboTax and open your return by selecting Continue or Pick up where you left off
  2. In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form
  4. Select Delete next to the form, schedule, and worksheet in the list and follow the instructions

The best way, and often the only way, to delete income forms (including forms W-2, 1098, 1099, and K-1) is to do it from the summary screen for that particular form.

How do I delete other tax forms or schedules in Desktop?

While it's OK to delete blank, duplicate, or irrelevant forms, we don't recommend deleting valid forms or schedules, for example nonfinal forms or forms that won't let you e-file. Understand that deleting a form or schedule may create new, unforeseen problems before proceeding.

Also, if you need to remove a business that transferred over from your prior-year return, don't just delete Schedule C. Instead, remove the business.

Windows instructions

1. Sign in to your TurboTax account
  2. Switch to Forms Mode by selecting the Forms icon
  3. From the menu, select the form you want to remove: Vehicle Worksheets and Deductions
  4. After the form is generated in the right pane, select the Delete Form button
  5. Follow any onscreen instructions to remove the form or forms

Mac instructions

3. From the menu, select the form you want to remove (if you don't see it, select Open Form at the top)
  4. From the Forms menu, select Remove [form name]

@grimwolf-7 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MichaelG81
Expert Alumni
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

Yes, you can delete this expense if it does not relate to you. This may affect your income tax amount if expenses were entered for it.

Here's the general procedure for viewing a list of all the forms in your return and deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:

1. Sign in to TurboTax and open your return by selecting Continue or Pick up where you left off
  2. In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form
  4. Select Delete next to the form, schedule, and worksheet in the list and follow the instructions

The best way, and often the only way, to delete income forms (including forms W-2, 1098, 1099, and K-1) is to do it from the summary screen for that particular form.

How do I delete other tax forms or schedules in Desktop?

While it's OK to delete blank, duplicate, or irrelevant forms, we don't recommend deleting valid forms or schedules, for example nonfinal forms or forms that won't let you e-file. Understand that deleting a form or schedule may create new, unforeseen problems before proceeding.

Also, if you need to remove a business that transferred over from your prior-year return, don't just delete Schedule C. Instead, remove the business.

Windows instructions

3. From the menu, select the form you want to remove: Vehicle Worksheets and Deductions
  4. After the form is generated in the right pane, select the Delete Form button

Mac instructions

3. From the menu, select the form you want to remove (if you don't see it, select Open Form at the top)
  4. From the Forms menu, select Remove [form name]

@grimwolf-7 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This is really helpful advice, thank you!

This is the second year in a row that QuickBooks Self-Employed has done this to me, i.e. added a vehicle worksheet to Schedule C my tax return, because I reviewed that section in Self-Employed and, not having a vehicle, moved on without entering anything.

Is there any way to pass this info on to the developers? As far as I can tell, even after being cautious about this because I knew there was a problem the previous year, there's no way in Self-Employed to say "no, I don't have a vehicle," or "skip this step." And Self-Employed acts as if you haven't completed all the tax-prep steps if you don't open that section, so it's too easy to open it and then get stuck in this situation.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies