Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Question about my direct deposit

How can i check to see if my direct deposit #are right
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LeeM

First log back into TurboTax and select Take Me To My Return and then File. Your banking information will be in that section.

If you want to change or edit the banking information that is shown:

1. make sure that the box stating "I want my refund deposited into this account" is unchecked. 
  2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Continue.  
  3. You will be taken to a new screen titled, "Let's get your bank account info".  

This will allow you to enter the new or updated banking information that is to be used for your 2016 direct deposit.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LeeM

First log back into TurboTax and select Take Me To My Return and then File. Your banking information will be in that section.

If you want to change or edit the banking information that is shown:

1. make sure that the box stating "I want my refund deposited into this account" is unchecked. 
  2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Continue.  
  3. You will be taken to a new screen titled, "Let's get your bank account info".  

This will allow you to enter the new or updated banking information that is to be used for your 2016 direct deposit.  

I'm going to paste a set of info about issues with DirDep (without editing because when I paste in this field, the website doesn't show me the pasted text - I can only see it after I post).  Scroll down to my SOLUTION at the end. It tells you how to view the Forms so you can edit/enter the DirDep info for your state return. The steps are similar for federal, look just below the Forms for 1040 to see the federal info worksheet 🙂

Even if you enter your Dir Dep info and you see the Dir Dep for the Federal return, it is not set up on the state return.
• This has been a long term glitch

• I have complained about this issue for over TEN YEARS NOW:

ISSUE
• You enter Dir Dep info during Easy Step for your Federal return.
• You are never asked if you want Dir Dep for your State return.
• OR
• Even if you made certain in the prior year that your TurboTax file had the correct settings and information so a state refund was refunded by Dir Dep, the settings and info for the state return ARE NOT imported into your new tax year file for state even though they ARE for federal.
• ALSO
• In Easy Step there is NOTHING to allow you to specify you desire Dir Dep for your State return
• This assumes you have a legitimate refund (if you owe, there will be no Dir Dep)
• THE 1040 Info Worksheet settings for THE SAME INFO are ALWAYS imported into the new tax year file.
• The 540 Info Worksheet settings ARE NEVER imported. The choice to have the Dirdep is not imported AND the bank settings are not imported.
• DISCLOSURE I only fill out returns involved with California, it is possible, based on some other user comments I read, some states do not allow Dir Dep refunds under certain conditions.

SOLUTION
• Leave Easy Step temporarily. Click on View / Forms
• Scroll down until you see <State> and the second form should be Info Worksheet, Click it once and the form will open to your right.
• Scroll down to PART VII, click the Yes to elect DirDep of state refund, then enter the Institution, Check/Sav, Routing Number, and Accounting number.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies