Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Printing tax return

I have a question regarding printing a tax return after being filed and accepted. 
I have an issue here and the preparer has given me tax returns that don't look right. They aren’t matching mine. the original one provided.  In fact the date signed by him shows  last month (2024) and the returns are from 2016 on that he just printed.  
What does it mean? Also the 8879 F isn’t signed by fiduciary nor is there a date by the fiduciaries name on the return. 
What would it look like if the pin was entered as fiduciary signature on the 1041?
How can I tell if I have the real submitted and accepted tax return from them?  If I was able to get on the IRS web site and print the  submitted and accepted return what would it look like?  

Curious about pin signatures and dates.  The fiduciaries name is typed in on the signature page and the date isn't entered.   Where would his pin be?   What does the script look like for the signature page when pin's are used?

Thank you.

what does it look like.  
if it is printed from the IRS how would I tell. 

if he printed from Ultra-tax how would I tell if it had been submitted?

Thank you!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Printing tax return

You should take up your questions with the preparer. This TurboTax support community is for helping people prepare their own tax returns using TurboTax. I doubt that you will find anyone here who knows much about UltraTax, or about signatures and PINs on fiduciary tax returns produced by a paid preparer.

There are a few tax professionals who participate in this community. You might get a response from one of them.

Printing tax return

Thank you, but this involves the tax repairer and trying to figure out what to do.  Will not be contacting them.

KristinaK
Employee Tax Expert

Printing tax return

it seems that the best course of action in your situation is to request a transcript of the return from the IRS and then compare it with what you have. Here is some additional information about it. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Printing tax return

Thank you, Kristina!

What do the transcripts look like and do they give you all the information?

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

Printing tax return

For a transcript of the 1041, click here to fill out Form 4506-T. You will need to request a tax return transcript. An example of what this transcript looks like can be found here. On this type of transcript, you will see most items of a tax return filed with the IRS. It does not, however, show any changes made to the return after it was filed.

@Farmgirl123 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies