Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Post e-filing, Turbotax says to "Mail These Forms to the Government" but won't say which forms it means.

After e-filing my federal and state returns, I received the following message on the screen in the program:

"Print and Mail These Forms to the Government. Even though you e-filed, you're still required to print and mail these forms"

However, TT did not specify what forms it meant. There was a link that said "explain this". But when I clicked the link, nothing happened. Just an error message popped up.  

Is this a glitch in the program, or must I file some other form? If so, which one?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Post e-filing, Turbotax says to "Mail These Forms to the Government" but won't say which forms it means.

This is most likely a glitch.  Normally, TurboTax will provide a list of documents that require mailing.  If your list is blank, then there was probably a system error.   

You can print your return worksheets which would indicate which forms might be required to be mailed to the IRS.  Also, if forms are missing,  the IRS will notify you if additional information is required.

Here is how to print/view worksheets:

Go to Tax Home. 

Select the year you have just filed. 

Click on Add another state. 

You should see Print Center on the left navigation bar. 

You can now print all kind of worksheets and forms. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies