Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Payment to Federal

It has been over a week that I completed my tax return, and my payment for the FED taxes has not yet shown up in my bank acct.  Should I be concerned?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

Payment to Federal

No, there seems to be some delay with the IRS withdrawing the funds. Please be aware that this year you have until May 17th to pay your balance due. Also, there will be no penalties or interest if the IRS failed to make the debit on time as long as the request was done correctly on a timely filed return.

Usually, the IRS will withdraw the amount on the day you selected. If that date happens to fall on a weekend or federal holiday, the funds are typically withdrawn the next business day. Please see When will my tax payment go through? for additional information.

Also, you can view your balance and check your payment activity at IRS Paying Your Taxes.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
wrcalee

Payment to Federal

I am in the same boat. Filed 3 weeks ago and state $ has been withdrawn but not Federal. I created an account the IRS has nothing. Frustrating to be sure. I don't want to pay twice and the wait on the Feds to refund. Recommendations? Thanks

DanaB27
Expert Alumni

Payment to Federal

The IRS is seriously backlogged this year with all the law changes and COVID workplaces challenges and will most likely prioritize sending third stimulus payments,  processing returns with refunds, recalculating the returns already filed affected by the recent retroactive tax law changes, and catching up on the 2019 returns that still have not been processed.

All you can do is to verify that your payment information is correct and wait for the IRS to withdraw the funds. There will be no penalties or interest if the IRS failed to make the debit on time as long as the request was done correctly on a timely filed return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies