Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

One amended state return (MO) does not reset balance owed

Recently finished preparing amended return for TY2022. Original TT2022 returns were all e-filed on time for Fed, IL, and MO using TT desktop on Windows.  When starting an amended return, TT resets federal balance owed/refund to $0 and similar for IL (I believe). Didn't pay attention to MO as the software only wants to list one state at a time. As we make changes to Fed 1040X, the dollars auto-magically adjust on the state returns. That's one reason I like software. 

Upon making return correction, the federal return accounted for the additional $ owed (correctly). The federal change and add'l money owed flowed correctly to IL (residence) and MO (non-resident) returns. As expected, the amount owed to IL went up say $30. That is correct. However, for MO, the amended return retained the original amount owed and added add'l money amount based on these changes. We should owe MO an additional say $20. But the MO forms have us owing the original amount $X,XXX + $20. Which means when we print all the forms to snail mail file (don't get me started on TT not being permitted to e-file 2022 amendment and all the add'l forms I suddenly have to add), the forms and payment voucher all read $X,X20 owed versus the correct amount of the incremental $20. The IL paperwork and payment voucher are correct with just the add'l $30 owed. 

How can we fix the MO amended forms since we need them corrected in order to print and mail? 

TIA to any TT wizards who can assist!

John

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies