Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

No record in WMR, Stimulus payment status not available

Hi, I'm asking for my partner: 

• He electronically filed his 2019 tax return in early February 2020 and has not received a refund. Return was accepted in early Feb.
  • He was not required and did not file 2018 tax return
  • The IRS "Get My Payment" site to check the status of stimulus pay is showing "payment status not available" and that according to the information they have on file, they cannot determine eligibility at this time
  • WMR status used to show a refund date of late Feb, but once that date passed, the status bar disappeared, with a note that the refund is still being processed
  • WMR today keeps telling him that there's no record and to make sure he is entering the correct information 
  • WMR hotline says the 2019 return is still being processed
  • He has not received any notices or letters from the IRS about a delay or missing paperwork
  • He amended his tax return (mistakenly before the original refund was issued) a month ago although that still shouldn't affect his original 2019 return status. Putting this info out there just in case

We've both attempted to call the IRS but they're only offering automated services due to COVID-19. Can someone please advise on what we could do at this point? Does this mean he won't get his stimulus pay because his return is still being processed? It's been sitting on that status for months which is why we're worried about both the tax refund and his stimulus pay. 

Any insight/advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies