Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

negligence of duty or just lazyness, maybe?

The IRS doesn't give a rat's furry little ass about the citizens of the United States. I went to the IRS building to get some answers and the only thing I learned was that allegedly I have some dept due from 2018. I used an account that wasn't mine to direct deposit my 2019 tax return, an obvious stupid move I know. After that was stolen I called the IRS to report that my 2019 return was taken. I told them the account wasn't mine. Now at this point in my mind I thought Mr. IRS agent has got my back! He's gonna red flag that somabitch and my worries are over! Wrong. Not only did they not red flag it but they rewarded the theif with an extra $600 of my money. Whe I asked the woman at the IRS building why didn't the IRS redflag that account since it wasn't mine she says, "Why would we do that? That's the account that is on the tax return." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. They gave me a trace number which goes to greendot, oh boy. This is where turbo tax comes in to make life hard, again. My 2020 e-file was supposed to be free, its a w2 nothing crazy, but at some point in my e-filing there was a prompt that would not let me continue until I clicked on it and it was to tack on $60 for services or something. I went ahead and clicked it because I thought I could get rid of it during checkout. Turns out I couldn't so I agreed to have TT take their cut from my return and I would just explain it to customer service later. Just as I had called the IRS about the theft I also called TT to let them know what happened and also to complain about charging that fee during my e-file. Please think about us more, the customer. Have your employees take the time for detailed notes and document important things like "thats not my account." That way when check gets filtered through your fee collection bank there will be something that alerts them not to deposit my money into an account that isn't mine.

Side not, I absolutely hate the game of tax tag. The IRS always says check with the tax preparer, then the tax preparer says no you gotta check the bank and then the bank will say, no no no you have to call IRS. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies