Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My taxes where accepted but when I go to the irs website it’s says we cannot provide you with any information regarding your tax refund??

It gives me reference number as well. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

My taxes where accepted but when I go to the irs website it’s says we cannot provide you with any information regarding your tax refund??

No need to worry about it now.  If your return was already 'accepted', that means your return was retrieved early for testing purposes.  Every year, the IRS pulls random tax returns early to test their systems.  However, even if your return is one of those accepted before the IRS officially starts accepting (Jan 28th), it doesn't actually get processed any sooner.  What you are seeing is normal and the information will update once the IRS begins officially accepting returns at the end of the month.  You can keep checking on the IRS site, but don't panic if you don't see a change until then.  Just keep the reference number with your tax records for now.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

No need to worry about it now.  If your return was already 'accepted', that means your return was retrieved early for testing purposes.  Every year, the IRS pulls random tax returns early to test their systems.  However, even if your return is one of those accepted before the IRS officially starts accepting (Jan 28th), it doesn't actually get processed any sooner.  What you are seeing is normal and the information will update once the IRS begins officially accepting returns at the end of the month.  You can keep checking on the IRS site, but don't panic if you don't see a change until then.  Just keep the reference number with your tax records for now.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies