My tax return was filed and accepted on feb 22nd. I’ve been processing with tax topic 152 since 2/24. No letters or anything is the irs really backlogged or something?

mumford-1

We had the child credits but we filed after the path. 

Ashby

That is a rather long time without any correspondence. I know that once you've passed 21 days since E-File acceptance (which you definitely have), IRS representatives can research your status. You may want to call them for further information. The number is 800-829-1040

I will say that there do seem to be a higher number of delays/reviews this year overall.