Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My tax refund

I call the irs I was told my refund under a extra review which is 180 days which is September I  also was told I got to wait on a letter or to get my refund I wonder why is that . My return was received but they saying it’s not done processing but I think I entered my daughter’s birthday in wrong do I have to do a amended return 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My tax refund

No, don't do anything with your return until you hear from the IRS.  Once they finish the review if they need more information or for you to file an amended return they will let you know.

View solution in original post

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

My tax refund

No, do not do an amended return to change the date of birth of your child.  It would likely further delay your return. 

The IRS is very slow to resolve issues since COVID.  Here is an option for you to use if necessary.

You may be able to use the Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS).  They are in place to assist in situations where you are unable to obtain resolution on your own.

1. You can click here to begin: TAS Qualifier Tool. or 
  2. Submit a request for assistance - Form 911 Request for TAS Assistance (instructions are included)
  3. Locate the local TAS Office for your area

This will get the process started for you.  It's not going to be a fast process because they are handling a large volume at this time. 

If you do not hear from TAS within one week of submitting Form 911, contact the Taxpayer Advocate office where you originally submitted your request. Incomplete information or requests submitted to a Taxpayer Advocate office outside of your geographical location may result in delays.

Also you can use the following link to access the local IRS office closest to you and make an appointment.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies

My tax refund

No, don't do anything with your return until you hear from the IRS.  Once they finish the review if they need more information or for you to file an amended return they will let you know.

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

My tax refund

No, do not do an amended return to change the date of birth of your child.  It would likely further delay your return. 

The IRS is very slow to resolve issues since COVID.  Here is an option for you to use if necessary.

You may be able to use the Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS).  They are in place to assist in situations where you are unable to obtain resolution on your own.

1. You can click here to begin: TAS Qualifier Tool. or 
  2. Submit a request for assistance - Form 911 Request for TAS Assistance (instructions are included)
  3. Locate the local TAS Office for your area

This will get the process started for you.  It's not going to be a fast process because they are handling a large volume at this time. 

If you do not hear from TAS within one week of submitting Form 911, contact the Taxpayer Advocate office where you originally submitted your request. Incomplete information or requests submitted to a Taxpayer Advocate office outside of your geographical location may result in delays.

Also you can use the following link to access the local IRS office closest to you and make an appointment.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My tax refund

Ok thanks for letting me know I just wait until September to see what happened I want call them no more either.

My tax refund

Thank you I’m call the irs back to try to get a tax advocate 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies