dltetz96

My state refund was approved for $1,185. Yet, I was only direct deposited $358. That is $827 less than what I was told to expect. Where did this money go?

When a state adjusts a refund, they will generally send you a notice within a couple of weeks explaining the reason for the change. Only the state can tell you why they reduced your refund.

How do you know it was Approved for $1185?  Do you mean Accepted? That is not the same thing.

Possible reasons include corrections for data entry errors or forgetting to claim income; or an offset for back debts.

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing