That is common this year. The IRS received many more returns than normal, due to folks filing for stimulus payments. Also see:
My taxes were done at the end of January and was accepted on February 11 th still no update from IRS except being processed for 2 weeks and estimated refund date on y’all was March 4 th my mom has gotten hers already and she filed 2 days after the door was open it doesn’t make sense
TurboTax does not issue refunds or Stimulus payments. You will have to track those payments thru the IRS. However the IRS is experiencing delays due to the Stimulus payments along with normal processing of tax refunds. See IRS information below on refunds:
The IRS issues more than 9 out of 10 refunds in the normal time frame: less than 21 days. However, it’s possible that some tax returns may require further review and could take longer.
IRS representatives can research the status of your return only if:
- It's been more than 21 days since you received your e-file acceptance notification,
- It's been more than 6 weeks since you mailed your paper return, or
- The Where's My Refund? tool directs you to contact us.
Some common issues which may extend processing times:
- Refunds from amended returns are generally issued within 16 weeks.
- If you filed an injured spouse claim, refer to Topic No. 203 for more information.
- For refund claims with an application for an individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN) attached, refer to Topic No. 857 for more information.
- If you requested a refund of tax withheld on a Form 1042-S by filing a Form 1040-NR, allow up to 6 months from the original due date of the 1040-NR return or the date you filed the 1040-NR, whichever is later, to receive any refund due.
- The IRS expects the earliest Earned Income Tax Credit and Additional Child Tax Credit related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards the first week of March if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return. Taxpayers should check Where's My Refund? for their personalized refund date.
You can also refer to Topic No. 303 for a checklist of common errors made when preparing your tax return and for additional items that may delay the processing of your return. See the link below for actual IRS article relating to refunds.