Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

stevencpeng
Returning Member

My refund is different compared to Turbo Tax after IRS recalculated for unemployment tax refund. What should I do?

I e-filed March 9 with Turbo Tax and I was supposed to get around $5K because I did not receive 2020 stimulus checks for me or my family.

Two months later, IRS finally direct-deposit my refund to my bank account in 2 transactions with recalculation for the new unemployment tax refund which is about $1500 more than my original refund. But that amount is $456 less than Turbo Tax is showing after the software updated for the unemployment tax refund.

What should I do? 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

My refund is different compared to Turbo Tax after IRS recalculated for unemployment tax refund. What should I do?

Wait for a letter from the IRS.  They may have changed something else on your return as well. They do not notify TT.

stevencpeng
Returning Member

It turned out I made a mistake on the tax return with first round of stimulus. Now I don't know how to do amend on a tax file when I made a mistake the first time on Turbotax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies