Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My refund got rejected by my bank. Sent back to irs in February and I still have not received my money.

Greendot I feel was holding my money gaining interest with it then making malicious mistakes on my deposit to make bank reject it.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

My refund got rejected by my bank. Sent back to irs in February and I still have not received my money.

@ jeremypcutright wrote:  My refund got rejected by my bank. Sent back to irs in February and I still have not received my money.
Greendot I feel was holding my money gaining interest with it then making malicious mistakes on my deposit to make bank reject it.

Since you mentioned "Greendot", I'm wondering if you chose to pay your TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund.    If you did choose that method of paying TurboTax fees, the refund would go from the IRS to an intermediary third-party bank where the fees are subtracted, and then that third-party bank would send the rest of the funds on to your bank account.    The company that administers that is SBTPG (Santa Barbara Tax Products Group), which is a Greendot company.    Is that why you mentioned Greendot?

If you used that service, and if your bank rejected the deposit from SBTPG's bank, then the funds would go back to SBTPG's bank.   When SBTPG got it back, there are 2 possibilities.   In most cases, SBTPG's bank then sends a check in the mail to the address on the return.    In some cases (criteria unknown to me), SBTPG sends the funds back to the IRS, and the IRS then sends a check to the address on the return.

If you did use that payment method, log in at the SBTPG website to see if you can learn anything about your funds.  To log in, go to the link below and choose the "For taxpayers" portal, then choose "Check with SBTPG."
https://www.sbtpg.com/

Otherwise, ask SBTPG if they received the funds back from your bank, and ask what they then did--ask if they mailed you a check, or if they sent the funds back to the IRS.

SBTPG has a phone contact page at the following link.   Scroll down that a page a little to see the contact info.  It shows their business hours to reach a live support agent.  Even when they are closed, you may be able to get automated info, or you can log in as above.

https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

After talking to SBTPG, if you end up needing to talk to a live person at the IRS, here's how to reach them:

IRS:  800-829-1040 (7AM-7 PM local time) Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do not choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

• First choose your language.  Then listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • Then press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions." 
  • It may then ask for your SSN, but do not enter it.  Just wait.    If it asks for SSN a second time, still do not enter it.
  • Then it will get "tired", and you'll get another menu.  Choose 2 for "personal".
  • Then in the next menu choose 4 for "all other inquiries", and it should transfer you to an agent, but be prepared that there could be a long wait.
  • I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies