turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My mother passed the end of 2016. I filled her final return. I have received a 1099-Div. It paid out in 2017. How do I handle these taxes?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieH1

My mother passed the end of 2016. I filled her final return. I have received a 1099-Div. It paid out in 2017. How do I handle these taxes?

The minimum amount a single person can make without filing a tax return is $10,400.  Given the amount that was paid on the 1099-DIV, you do not need to file a return unless there is more income that goes over the $10,400.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JulieH1

What is the amount of the dividends?

It was $2,300.
JulieH1

The minimum amount a single person can make without filing a tax return is $10,400.  Given the amount that was paid on the 1099-DIV, you do not need to file a return unless there is more income that goes over the $10,400.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question

Related Content

Manage cookies