Solved: My federal return was accepted on January 29th. It's been 28 days. Why haven't I received my refund yet? Says it's still processing.

bree_z_skye

My federal return was accepted on January 29th. It's been 28 days. Why haven't I received my refund yet? Says it's still processing.

EbonyL

Did you claim the earned in come or child tax credit? Taxpayers who claim the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) may experience a refund hold. The IRS has just begun to process these returns.  There's no way of knowing exactly when the IRS will update. You will need to keep checking the Where’s My Federal Refund? tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight.

If your return was accepted 21 days ago or more and you did not file the above credits, you can follow the instructions in the following FAQ to contact the IRS for further assistance.

EbonyL