Solved: My federal return was accepted on January 29th. It's been 28 days. Why haven't I received my refund yet? Says it's still processing.

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bree_z_skye

My federal return was accepted on January 29th. It's been 28 days. Why haven't I received my refund yet? Says it's still processing.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
EbonyL

My federal return was accepted on January 29th. It's been 28 days. Why haven't I received my refund yet? Says it's still processing.

Did you claim the earned in come or child tax credit? Taxpayers who claim the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) may experience a refund hold. The IRS has just begun to process these returns.  There's no way of knowing exactly when the IRS will update. You will need to keep checking the Where’s My Federal Refund? tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight.

If your return was accepted 21 days ago or more and you did not file the above credits, you can follow the instructions in the following FAQ to contact the IRS for further assistance.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302084

View solution in original post

1 Reply
EbonyL

Did you claim the earned in come or child tax credit? Taxpayers who claim the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) may experience a refund hold. The IRS has just begun to process these returns.  There's no way of knowing exactly when the IRS will update. You will need to keep checking the Where’s My Federal Refund? tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight.

If your return was accepted 21 days ago or more and you did not file the above credits, you can follow the instructions in the following FAQ to contact the IRS for further assistance.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302084

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings