Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My federal and state taxes have been processed and accepted on March 29 2021 and will be directed deposited. is it really going to take 15 to 21 days?

I checked my status through TurboTax and it said it's on its way ? how can I find a date that it will direct deposited?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

My federal and state taxes have been processed and accepted on March 29 2021 and will be directed deposited. is it really going to take 15 to 21 days?

I think TT means your filing is on its way to the IRS and State.  First, Accepted means received for processing.  It does not mean Approved, which is a later step.  Usually, the IRS takes about 21 days, but this year many folks have been waiting 6 weeks or more.  (State refund times vary, so check your state's tax website.)

The IRS is seriously backlogged due to all the extra stimulus filings, as well as a few million unprocessed 2019 returns left over from the COVID shutdown. See:

The IRS is under serious stress — what does that mean for your refund? (msn.com)

What led to IRS backlog: ‘Thin workforce,’ new pandemic relief programs | Federal News Network

thank you 😊 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies