blondegrlmissa

My daughter already filed her own taxes but she has taxable scholarship to claim. I'm trying to do an amended return but not sure where to enter the taxable scholarship.

When I did my return I claimed the 1098-T but my DD has taxable scholarship. It told me to have her enter the taxable portion on her return. Where do I put this?

Phillip1

If the taxable scholarship is coming from 1098-T entries, you just need to enter the 1098-T into her return. This will generate the income that needs to be included.

1. Go to Federal Taxes TAB
  2. Go to the Deductions and Credits SubTAB.
  3. Find the section labeled "Education" and click Show more.
  4. Click start or update next to Expenses and Scholarships (Form 1098-T).
  5. Enter the information in this section.

Phillip1

1. Go to Federal Taxes TAB
blondegrlmissa

Thank you. So I need to enter the 1098-T on her return also?