Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My 2021 tax return, one of my two W-2 forms had the wrong SSN provided by my employer, which I didn't notice. I received only2k refund. How can I get my full tax return?

In my 2021 tax return, I had two W-2 forms from different jobs. One of them had the wrong SSN, which I didn't notice. The IRS only refunded me for the W-2 with the correct SSN. The amount that I didn't receive was over $6,000 due to the wrong SSN on the W-2 provided by my employer. How can I get my tax return?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

My 2021 tax return, one of my two W-2 forms had the wrong SSN provided by my employer, which I didn't notice. I received only2k refund. How can I get my full tax return?

It's not clear what happened here. The IRS doesn't send a refund for a W-2. It sends a refund for the amount on line 35a of your Form 1040 tax return. Did the IRS change your tax return after you filed it? If so, they would have sent you a notice explaining the change, and the notice would have given you an opportunity to object to the change. Did you get such a notice? If so, when did you get it? Did you respond to the notice? When did you file your 2021 tax return?

What is the exact amount on Form 1040 line 35a of the 2021 tax return that you filed? What is the exact amount that the IRS changed it to? What is the exact amount of the refund that you received?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies