Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tamng598

My 2018 tax return was rejected

My 2018 tax return was rejected when I e-filed. However, I didn’t know that. I have moved to different locations, so probably I have lost some noticing mails about it. I just noticed when I received a letter said that I had a credit balance for the 2018. In the letter said, if I already filed I just need to send the copy with new sign on it, and I did it in December 2021. However, I haven’t seen any updates for my 2018 tax transcript. My question is if I did right and what should I do next? Do I need to file a amend? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

My 2018 tax return was rejected

There's no way for us to tell if the return was filed correctly or not; the IRS will inform you.  What you can feel comfortable about is that if your 2018 return is due a refund, by mailing it in in December, your return is still eligible to receive the refund. 

The IRS is way behind on processing, particularly with past-year returns.  Your best bet is to call them and see if they have received the return, but there is no guarantee that they will have that information if they have not yet started processing it.  It is not recommended that you re-send in the mail your return if you've already sent it, as that can cause additional delays.  An amended return is not needed if the IRS never received the original return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies