My 2017 taxes were not done using Turbo Tax. Is that why My 2018 Tax return can'y be done.

My 2017 tax return was done using Tax Slayer.  In 2017 Turbo Tax was not compatible with Linix operating system.

You can use any software to prepare your taxes in any year.  Using Turbotax online (the web browser version) you just answer the questions.  Some things that would normally be carried over if you did use Turbotax last year, just have to be entered manually now.

You will need either your 5-digit e-file PIN, or last year's AGI (adjusted gross income) to verify your identity to the IRS when you e-file.  If you had used Turbotax last year it would carry over, but you can enter it manually when that comes up in the filing step.