My 2017 taxes were not done using Turbo Tax. Is that why My 2018 Tax return can'y be done.

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 2017 taxes were not done using Turbo Tax. Is that why My 2018 Tax return can'y be done.

My 2017 tax return was done using Tax Slayer.  In 2017 Turbo Tax was not compatible with Linix operating system.
1 Reply
Level 15

You can use any software to prepare your taxes in any year.  Using Turbotax online (the web browser version) you just answer the questions.  Some things that would normally be carried over if you did use Turbotax last year, just have to be entered manually now.

You will need either your 5-digit e-file PIN, or last year's AGI (adjusted gross income) to verify your identity to the IRS when you e-file.  If you had used Turbotax last year it would carry over, but you can enter it manually when that comes up in the filing step.

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability at the time of posting but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings