turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

meant to file extension 7004, but it continued and efiled I think the wrong forms

Was using desktop to file an extension for the s-corp. It said continue and went through doing an efile. However, Im not thinking it efiled a 7004. As I saved the pdf after it appears to be a 1120S with a lot of zeros as we never went through the filling out the actually return yet. The AZ file looks like its marked as an extension. Turbotax email says efile was accepted.

Completely lost as if I should still mail in a 7004 or try and get an amended return done asap. But if the Federal needs to be an amended, does the AZ need to be an original or amended?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

meant to file extension 7004, but it continued and efiled I think the wrong forms

If what you filed was an 1120S with a lot of zeroes then yes, you should amend as soon as possible.  The filing clock for March 15th has stopped (because you filed a return) but the IRS is currently generating letters about any 1099s that your S-Corp received and wondering why that wasn't included in your return.  

Since you're filing an amended return federally I would just go ahead and send in an amended Arizona just to be on the safe side.  You'll be including a copy of the federal with the Arizona return so Arizona will know that it was an amended federal so it should be fine.

@minterstate 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies