Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It shows that my taxes were deposited into my account but it wasn’t what should I do?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

It shows that my taxes were deposited into my account but it wasn’t what should I do?

@ 0217a6d76edb  wrote:  "It shows that my taxes were deposited into my account but it wasn’t what should I do"

What is "it?"    Are you referring to the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool? 

https://www.irs.gov/wheres-my-refund

Does that tool say that your refund has been sent?

If so, the IRS says it can take up to 5 days to actually get to your bank account.   Was it supposed to go your bank account or a debit card account?

Or did you have any TurboTax fees that you chose to pay out of your Federal refund?  You appear to be using Free Edition; at least that's what is shown under your question above, so you may not have had any fees.

It say it went to my cash app account the account and routing numbers match up but I never got it and the cash app bank says they don’t have it 

@0217a6d76edb wrote:

It say it went to my cash app account the account and routing numbers match up but I never got it and the cash app bank says they don’t have it 

If the "it" is the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool  

https://www.irs.gov/wheres-my-refund

and it's been longer than 5 business days since that IRS tool says your refund was sent, and you've inquired with your bank, and they've said they haven't either received or rejected a direct deposit, here's how you can phone the IRS:

IRS:  800-829-1040 (7AM-7 PM local time) Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do not choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

• First choose your language.  Then listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • Then press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions." 
  • It may then ask for your SSN, but do not enter it.  Just wait.    If it asks for SSN a second time, still do not enter it.
  • Then it will get "tired", and you'll get another menu.  Choose 2 for "personal".
  • Then in the next menu choose 4 for "all other inquiries", and it should transfer you to an agent but expect a long wait.
  • I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies