Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

emrecayr
Returning Member

It's been 22 days since I filed my tax application and it still says application received on state and federal.

It's been 22 days since I submitted my tax application and it still says application received. I filled it out with a W2 form at state and federal and I'm not a citizen. I wonder why it's taking so long. If there are errors in the amounts I filled out, will I get rejected or can the IRS correct them?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

It's been 22 days since I filed my tax application and it still says application received on state and federal.

Yes, you will be notified if there is a problem.  Please give it a few more days for your return to process.

However, once your return has been accepted by the IRS, TurboTax is no longer involved in processing.  

All refund inquiries should be made to the IRS.  Where Is My Refund 

There could be a few reasons why you might be experiencing a delay;

1. First, the status might be pending for security reasons. This may be a sign that someone is trying to use your identity to file a tax return. The return has been placed on hold to allow you to cancel it if it doesn't belong to you. This can take up to 72 hours, after which your return will then be forwarded to the IRS, or if applicable, rejected. If rejected, you can then correct the rejection issue and resubmit. Please see this FAQ for reference.

2. The Path Act

The PATH Act stipulates that the IRS must withhold refunds for filers who claim these tax credits until February 15. So if you file before February 15, you're owed a tax refund and you're claiming either the ACTC or EITC, your entire refund will be withheld until at least the February 15 deadline.

Note: These instances may be applicable. That is, you could have a hold for security reasons first. And additionally for verification of the refundable credits in your return. In this case, delays might extend beyond 72 hours.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
emrecayr
Returning Member

Thank you for your response. It seems that my refund has been made on the state website, but there is no change in Turbotax. Will the state refund be deposited directly to my bank account or will it be deposited to Turbotax first and then sent to me? And my federal taxes on the process isn't it weird because so many people said federal will come earlier?

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

TurboTax is not updated when your refunds are issued.  Once your returns have been accepted by the IRS or the State, TurboTax is no longer informed of the status.

The state will sometimes issue their refund before the Federal.  That happens mostly when the IRS has not processed the return for whatever reason.

Your state refund will be issued as you selected during filing.  We cannot see your return and do not have that information.  You can print a copy of your return worksheets to see how you selected to have your refunds issued.

Go to Tax Home. Select the year you have just filed. Click on Add another state. You should see Print Center on the left navigation bar. You can now print all kinds of worksheets and forms. 

@emrecayr 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
emrecayr
Returning Member

The reason I thought about this was that I thought they would deduct the fee I would pay to the turbo tax and then send it to me. Thank you for your answer.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies