turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Irs says my federal refund was sent to my bank march 6. Yet still haven't seen it reflect in my account. Where did it go

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Irs says my federal refund was sent to my bank march 6. Yet still haven't seen it reflect in my account. Where did it go

@jenochs1130  asked:  "Irs says my federal refund was sent to my bank march 6. Yet still haven't seen it reflect in my account. Where did it go?"

How did you choose to receive your Federal refund--direct deposit to your bank checking account or to a prepaid debit card?   You appear to be using the Live Credit Karma product.   Did you by any chance sign up for a Credit Karma Money card, where the refund could have gone?   

Or another possibility:  Did you choose to receive the refund in a brokerage account?

The IRS will say "sent to bank" no matter if it's an actual bank account or a prepaid card, since a prepaid card uses an underlying bank to administer it.

Here's another possibility.   The following may or may not apply to you:

Did you have any TurboTax fees that you chose to pay out of your Federal refund?   If so, the funds first go from the IRS to an intermediary bank where the fees are subtracted.   Then that intermediary bank sends the rest on to your bank (or card).   The company that handles that is SBTPG (Santa Barbara Tax Products Group).   If you did use that method to pay any TurboTax fees, here's how to check on the funds at the SBTPG refund lookup tool.   At the following linked page use the "For Taxpayers" portal, then on the subsequent page choose "Check with TPG."

https://www.sbtpg.com/

If you did not use that method to pay any TurboTax fees, then that won't apply to you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies