Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cosjm0
Returning Member

IRS says information on my 8962 is not what they have on file from Health Insurance Marketplace.

From January through August I paid the full premium for my healthcare coverage. When I received my 1095-A form at the end of the year, the (b) column (SLCSP) showed $0.00 for the months that I paid in full, which apparently is not accurate.  I contacted marketplace and they explained to me how to find the correct amount to put into this column, which I did. Today, I received a letter from the IRS that states: 

"The amounts on Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit, Part II, columns (a) - enrollment premiums, (b) - applicable second lowest cost silver plan (SLCSP) premium, or (f) - advance payment of PTC, don't match the information we have on file from the Health Insurance Marketplace. Send us a copy of your Forms 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement, to support the amounts you reported on Form 8962. If applicable, also send us a newly completed Form 8962."

I would agree that the numbers I entered on my 8962 are NOT what they have on file, but that's because the information they have on file is apparently not correct. And, I don't have a1095-A that supports the amounts I reported because the 1095-A I received has $0.00 amounts.

Do I send the 1095-A with the $0.00 amounts? This DRASTACALLY alters my refund amount to where I have to pay a significant amount. I'm not really sure what they want from me other than an inaccurate form. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies