turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jgillim0007
Returning Member

IRS Limbo - will I have to pay the Refund Processing Service fee if I pay with my bank account instead of my tax return?

Hi, I filed my taxes and they were accepted on February 11 and I still have not had my return approved by the IRS (just like a lot of other people). I chose to pay for Turbo Tax with the Refund Processing Service, which charges an extra fee. Since my tax return still hasn't been approved, TT hasn't received the payment and I received an email saying they would be charging my bank account. Is it still going to charge me that RPS fee that I would have paid if it had come out of my tax return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

IRS Limbo - will I have to pay the Refund Processing Service fee if I pay with my bank account instead of my tax return?

Yes, Unfortunately, the charge would still need to be paid even if the IRS has not processed your return yet. There are options if you contact us by the Tuesday before your auto-debit date, but there are no guarantees. Please fully read the help article below to receive the complete details.

Why was my bank account auto-debited for TurboTax ...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

OK expert @AkinaLO 

Please read the question entirely before posting some robotic answer.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies