jgillim0007

IRS Limbo - will I have to pay the Refund Processing Service fee if I pay with my bank account instead of my tax return?

Hi, I filed my taxes and they were accepted on February 11 and I still have not had my return approved by the IRS (just like a lot of other people). I chose to pay for Turbo Tax with the Refund Processing Service, which charges an extra fee. Since my tax return still hasn't been approved, TT hasn't received the payment and I received an email saying they would be charging my bank account. Is it still going to charge me that RPS fee that I would have paid if it had come out of my tax return?

AkinaLO

Yes, Unfortunately, the charge would still need to be paid even if the IRS has not processed your return yet. There are options if you contact us by the Tuesday before your auto-debit date, but there are no guarantees. Please fully read the help article below to receive the complete details.

Why was my bank account auto-debited for TurboTax ...

fanfare

OK expert @AkinaLO 

Please read the question entirely before posting some robotic answer.