Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If wmr says I have offset and already says sent and the amount says being refunded is original amount, am I getting that amount? Or will it say how much reduced refund is

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MicheleR

If wmr says I have offset and already says sent and the amount says being refunded is original amount, am I getting that amount? Or will it say how much reduced refund is

The amount that you see being refunded could be the amount prior to the offset.

To know the exact amount of the Tax Refund Offsets, you will have to look for the notice that will be sent to you by the Bureau of Financial Services. 

The BFS (Bureau of Financial Services) will mail a notice to a person if it offsets any part of their refund to pay a debt. The notice will list the original refund and the offset amount. It will also include the agency that received the offset payment. It will also give the agency’s contact information.

BFS will notify the IRS of the amount taken from your refund once your refund date has passed. You should contact the agency shown on the notice if you believe you don't owe the debt or if you're disputing the amount taken from your refund. If you don't receive a notice:

• Contact the BFS's TOP call center at 800-304-3107 or TDD 866-297-0517, Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST.
  • Contact the IRS only if your original refund amount shown on the BFS offset notice differs from the refund amount shown on your tax return.

For detailed information see the IRS website -  Topic Number: 203 - Refund Offsets

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies