Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If someone steals money out of my personal checking account and loads money onto their turbo tax card is there anyway to get the name of the owner of that card?

Unauthorized deposit on to an unknown amount. Not only took money I didn't have making my account negative but when I was forced to Barrow cash from my sister to buy formula for my baby that money was instantly used to cover the overdrawn account.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

If someone steals money out of my personal checking account and loads money onto their turbo tax card is there anyway to get the name of the owner of that card?

Yes, unfortunately, any negative balance must be brought to zero to avoid overdraft fees.

Regarding the TurboCard itself, c​​​​all 888-285-4169 for assistance. Due to unprecedented traffic, you may experience some delays on the site or phone line. 

• Ask them if you can trace your bank account to the linked TurboCard and/or unlink it. 
  • For additional questions, go to the Turbo Visa Debit Card site: Turbo Card Stimulus Check.

For help protecting your identity, see: What to do if you suspect tax-related identity theft.

If this deposit was your refund, see: IRS help for lost or stolen refunds.

It sounds like you know (or suspect) who the culprit is.   Otherwise how do you know your money ended up on their TT card?  For privacy reasons, TT cannot tell you the owner of that card.  File a police report, and they will investigate.  Also ask your bank to investigate.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies