If our stimulus check was sent to the wrong bank a...

If our stimulus check was sent to the wrong bank account, can we file to get the money on our tax return?

If the deposit was made to the wrong bank account because of the recent IRS error, wait a few days as the IRS has fixed the error and is busy making the deposits to the correct accounts.

Although the IRS started making these corrected deposits starting Friday, January 8th, note that banks may take a few days to actually make the deposit. Keep checking your account next week and see if the payment appears. This would remove the need to wait until you file your tax return. 

Sorry I should have detailed that more but, by wrong account I meant a old/closed bank account that I used to have. They even sent my second one there too so I’m stuck waiting.