gornelaz

If my parents claimed me as a dependent on their 2018 tax forms and have not filed for 2019, but I have filed for 2019 and did not check that someone could claim me and received my return. Will i rece

Will I receive a stimulus check?
MinhT1

If you cannot be claimed as a dependent in 2019 and have filed your 2019 tax return, you will receive the stimulus payment.

gornelaz

How do I know if I can be claimed? I am 23 and live on my own.

ColeenD3

This is the rules for qualifying child.

Qualifying Child

Relationship — the taxpayer’s child or stepchild (whether by blood or adoption), foster child, sibling or step-sibling, or a descendant of one of these.

Residence — has the same principal residence as the taxpayer for more than half the tax year. Exceptions apply, in certain cases, for children of divorced or separated parents, kidnapped children, temporary absences, and for children who were born or died during the year.

Age — must be under the age of 19 at the end of the tax year, or under the age of 24 if a full-time student for at least five months of the year, or be permanently and totally disabled at any time during the year.

Support — did not provide more than one-half of his/her own support for the year.