derekbernard23

If IRS refund tracking site cant find my return status for my tax return. what do i do. It says to check with your tax preparer or tax software provider?

CynthiaR

Check the status of your tax return by using this website:  https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/  If TurboTax did efile your tax return then please note that the IRS is behind processing returns.

The IRS estimates that 9 out of 10 filers receive their refund within 21 days.  Please note that the estimated 21-day period to receive a refund is calculated from the date that the e-file is successfully submitted AND accepted by the IRS – and not necessarily from the date the customer submits their return in TurboTax.  Processing times for state returns varies from state to state.

However… According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue EITC and ACTC refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting Feb. 27, 2019, if these taxpayers chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return.(edited by TomK)

CynthiaR