Solved: If I need to start over and add a form how to do I amended a form that I never even filed

kaceymike

If I need to start over and add a form how to do I amended a form that I never even filed

I did not efile my return, I printed to mail and then found a 1099-R I did not include in my return, I ended up amending a return that was not filed,  all I want to do is revise. NOTHING IS FILED

Coleen3

You do not amend a return that has not been filed yet. If you are having trouble getting back into the return, select "add a state" and you can get in that way. If you actually did an amendment, (you will see Form 1040x among your forms) delete it and then make your changes.

Here are the steps for deleting unwanted forms in TurboTax Online:

Open your return in TurboTax. (To do this, sign in to TurboTax, and select the Take me to my return button.)

In the left side bar, select Tax Tools> Tools.

In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.

Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet and follow the onscreen instructions.

Coleen3