gennalclark

If I forgot to add my landlord name and number and I already filed my taxes can I fix this? Will my state return be denied? My fed has been accepted but not my state

PaulaM

If your landlord's name and number was required information, then it may be rejected. Wait until it is rejected, then you can go back in and add his name and number.

PaulaM

gennalclark

The man I spoke with when I called the irs said it won’t be rejected because of a missed name and number but that if they really want verification on their end then I have to wait til my form is processed and then they’ll ask me to send them the name and number. I’m still not sure if that will mean my refund will be delayed or not but I feel a little bit better after speaking to someone.
PaulaM

Great news!