Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Aimeeval

I work offshore w/wind turbines.Company CPA says I only owe federal tax,my w-2 reflects this.I asked for the tax code and was sent Notice 2021-05.Is this state taxable?

I live in S.Carolina, all work is offshore. Tax code sent is an extension of offshore safe harbour
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

I work offshore w/wind turbines.Company CPA says I only owe federal tax,my w-2 reflects this.I asked for the tax code and was sent Notice 2021-05.Is this state taxable?

According to the South Carolina Department of Revenue "Personal service income (W-2 or business wages) is taxable to South Carolina no matter where it is earned." As a resident of South Carolina, all of your income is taxable by South Carolina, unless they have specifically excluded it.  IRS Notice 2021-05 has nothing to do with state income tax.  It is an extension of of offshore safe harbor, but It deals with federal tax credits for offshore wind projects and renewable energy projects constructed on federal land.   I would ask the company CPA for something that addresses state income tax, specifically South Carolina.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies