turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I was trying to add a w2 form to my taxes and it sent the return again and i have already recived it what can i do to fix it

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Kadian

I was trying to add a w2 form to my taxes and it sent the return again and i have already recived it what can i do to fix it

If you did not include one of your W2's to your return prior to filing it, you will need to amend the return. 

Start amending your return in TurboTax using these  instructions.

We do recommend that if you are expecting a refund, please wait until you have received the refund before completing the amended process. Reason being, it can take up to 16 weeks for the IRS to process and amended return. 

Keep in mind that you cannot e-file the 1040-X Amended Return. All amended returns must be filed by mail. Mailing instructions will be provided by TurboTax once you have completed the amended return.

Note: The IRS allows up to three years from the date you filed your original return to submit the amended return, if you are expecting a refund. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Kadian

If you did not include one of your W2's to your return prior to filing it, you will need to amend the return. 

Start amending your return in TurboTax using these  instructions.

We do recommend that if you are expecting a refund, please wait until you have received the refund before completing the amended process. Reason being, it can take up to 16 weeks for the IRS to process and amended return. 

Keep in mind that you cannot e-file the 1040-X Amended Return. All amended returns must be filed by mail. Mailing instructions will be provided by TurboTax once you have completed the amended return.

Note: The IRS allows up to three years from the date you filed your original return to submit the amended return, if you are expecting a refund. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies