turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I was sent a NetSpend MasterCard and a Intuit Turbo prepaid Visa which one is my money going to

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I was sent a NetSpend MasterCard and a Intuit Turbo prepaid Visa which one is my money going to

How did you happen to apply for both?   TurboTax only offers the Turbo Prepaid VISA Card.  TurboTax did offer a NetSpend Card at one time, but switched a couple of years ago to the Turbo Prepaid VISA Card.

When you download your return PDF, a page called the Filing Instructions should tell how you are getting your refund.   If that page is not in your PDF, we can tell you another way to get pages with the deposit information.

Also, did you have any TurboTax fees that you chose to pay out of your Federal refund?   If so, the money goes from the IRS to an intermediary bank first, where the fees are subtracted.     Then that intermediary sends the rest of the funds on to your Card.   So the deposit info shown on your return would be for that intermediary bank.

NetSpend now mails unsolicited cards to people who their marketing lists suggest are likely to use their services. (My partner gets them all the time.) The Turbo card is only sent to TurboTax users who are receiving their refund on it. Your refund should go to the Turbo card, though I agree with epo39b that you should check your TurboTax records to be 100% sure.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies