Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I used you for my taxes how will the stimulus package work for us because we did direct deposit from you

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I used you for my taxes how will the stimulus package work for us because we did direct deposit from you

When you have a valid bank information on your 2019 return, you will receive your stimulus money by direct deposit.

If you have not bank account or it is invalid, you will receive your stimulus money by check.

If you did not file a 2019 return, the IRS will use your 2018 return for information.

View solution in original post

It maybe be sent to the bank that handled the transaction to take out TurboTax fees because that is the bank information the IRS has, that bank has your bank information & would deposit it in your bank account.

@ncbiggboyy41   With this being so early in the process not all the details have been worked out yet.  You contact the Santa Barbara Tax Products Group to see what they plan on doing.

ou can go to the Santa Barbara Tax Products Group website if you need assistance with your refund.

@bige2443  I put in a question to the TurboTax Moderators asking what will happen with the stimulus money for taxpayers who used the Refund Processing Service.  As soon as I get the information, I will let you know.

There is some information on the Santa Barbara website about the stimulus money.  I am still waiting to hear from the Moderators.

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

13 Replies

When you have a valid bank information on your 2019 return, you will receive your stimulus money by direct deposit.

If you have not bank account or it is invalid, you will receive your stimulus money by check.

If you did not file a 2019 return, the IRS will use your 2018 return for information.

I believe the question is more about us who chose to have our TurboTax fees taken out of our refund. In this scenario our refund gets sent to an intermediary bank, the fees taken out, and then the remainder deposited to our account.

How is this going to work for the stimulus check?

The IRS only has the routing/account # that was in the filed documents, which is the intermediary bank.

Is the intermediary account going to stay open to process this stimulus deposit? 

Is the intermediary bank going to charge another fee for processing this check?

Or is the deposit going to be declined by the intermediary bank delaying the stimulus check since they will then have to send a paper check?

It maybe be sent to the bank that handled the transaction to take out TurboTax fees because that is the bank information the IRS has, that bank has your bank information & would deposit it in your bank account.

So those of us that had our fees taken out of our tax return will have to pay another fee to have our stimulus money direct deposited

@ncbiggboyy41   With this being so early in the process not all the details have been worked out yet.  You contact the Santa Barbara Tax Products Group to see what they plan on doing.

ou can go to the Santa Barbara Tax Products Group website if you need assistance with your refund.

Need this question answered as well. We had fees taken out of refund. Would we still get stimulus check direct deposited?

@bige2443  I put in a question to the TurboTax Moderators asking what will happen with the stimulus money for taxpayers who used the Refund Processing Service.  As soon as I get the information, I will let you know.

Awesome thanks so much!

There is some information on the Santa Barbara website about the stimulus money.  I am still waiting to hear from the Moderators.

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

58FC6C87-5146-4F47-9C11-9DFCEFA8F5D3.png

If you had payment taken out of return you will get a paper check

Well if you click this link, this isn't the best news. https://www.sbtpg.com/ anyone actually recieve your payment that had their fees taken out by them? Not I.

I filed with TurboTax and had fees taken out and I'm getting my money on my Walmart card... Check your tax return line 21 a and b that's were the money is going

For anyone still wondering/worrying about this I have an actual answer for those using a bank account, direct deposit, and had fees taken out of their return.

I filed my taxes with TurboTax about a month ago, chose direct deposit and had the fees taken out of my return — so my return went through the SBTPG bank.

I got my stimulus payment deposited into my account this morning, so the IRS does know where to send it and will direct deposit it into your account without going through SBTPG for the stimulus amount. 

Unfortunately I can’t speak on those using the prepaid card option for their return as I have personally never done that and don’t know anyone that has and I don’t want to give inaccurate information. But for regular bank accounts, the IRS does have your account info if you chose direct deposit whether or not you chose to have fees deducted from your refund. I hope that helps some of you and gives some of you peace of mind because until I saw the deposit this morning I was on edge about it as I know a lot of you are. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies